Class Time: June 3rd, 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Class Price: $85 - Does not include materials
Class Level: Intermediate
We are very excited to have local accessory designer and renowned hatmaker, Elizabeth Rohloff, teaching this 4-hour intensive hat making class. In this class, students will choose from two different style hats; a traditional sun hat with a 5” brim (pictured) or a sporty hat with a 2 1/2 inch brim (not pictured), and will learn how to design and sew a custom fit hat. Students will learn the following skills:
• How to choose the right fabric for different hat types
• How to choose the proper interfacing
• How to sew the crown of a hat
• How to sew the brim of a hat
• How to cleanly finish the interior lining of a hat so that the stitching doesn’t show
So, come join us and walk out with a custom summer hat designed and sewn by YOU!
*Materials are not included. The supply list will be provided upon ticket purchase. Supplies are estimated to cost around $20-$30 depending on fabric selection.